PhD in Medical Image Processing | Ghent University - ELIS, Belgium | Scholarship Field: Medical Imaging | January 14, 2013
A PhD scholarship position in medical image processing is available in MEDISIP, a research group of the faculty of engineering of the Ghent University, Belgium.
PhD Scholarship Description
The ideal PhD candidate will work on a project on the development of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) gradient and RF coils for hybrid molecular - MRI imaging. He will perform experiments on the 7T MRI scanner and will do EM simulations to optimize MRI hardware. The PhD candidate will attend conferences and publish your results in scientific literature.
About the Research Lab
MEDISIP's research is situated in medical imaging science and is currently focusing on multimodality imaging. A complete multimodality small imaging lab (PET, SPECT, CT, MRI, US) has been setup during the last years for preclinical imaging. This setting allows accelerated development of new imaging technology. For a project on hybrid molecular (PET/SPECT/optical) and Magnetic Resonance Imaging we are looking for a PhD researcher to focus on the development of dedicated gradient and RF coils.
Requirements for the PhD Position in Medical Imaging
The ideal candidate should have
- a Masters degree, preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, Informatics, Mathematics or Physics.
- a large interest in medical imaging.
- some background in programming (C, C++ or Matlab).
- be a collaborative dynamic person who likes to work in a multidisciplinary research environment.
- have good communication skills (written and oral).
- have a strong knowledge of the English language.
- willing to travel abroad for meetings and conferences.
- Knowledge of MRI is an asset.
Applicants should send their application (motivation letter + CV) to email@example.com.
Further details on the PhD position in Medical Image Processing can be found on MEDISIP.
Note, application deadline to the PhD scholarship position in medical image processing, Ghent University, Belgium is 15 February, 2013.
Please mention scholarships4phd.blogspot.com on your application while applying for this scholarship.
© 2012 Research Grants.